On Sat, Aug 06, 2022 at 06:29:25PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 06. 08. 22 16:10, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > Let's make %autorelease + %autochangelog the default approach in Fedora
> > packaging
>
> I still haven't got around to start using it, because I recall that
> initially there were problems I've reported or followed and nobody was
> looking into them. This got a bit better, but is still quite bad :(
>
> The following issues all bother me and nobody seem to have the resources to
> fix them or even look at them:
>
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/rpmautospec/issue/105 -- 2 years ago

I think this is fixed. See my comment in the bug.

> https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/rpmautospec/issue/193 -- 1 year ago

In the bug:
> The Zuulpart is fixed. The Jenkins thing is not.

Dunno, can you maybe test again?

> https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/rpmautospec/issue/206 -- 1 year ago

There's a pull request open.

> https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/rpmautospec/issue/209 -- 1 year ago

This should be fixable. I'll try to take a look later on.

> https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/rpmautospec/issue/227 -- 1 year ago

Same here.

> https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/rpmautospec/issue/238 -- 9 months ago

I mention this one in my wall'o'text above. It's something for
fedora-review to fix. I don't think it's a blocking issue though:
fedora-review is always slow with following new things and reviewers
must always be prepared to ignore most of its output.

> How can we ensure a permanent maintainer has dedicated time to keep the tool
> evolving, before we start recommending it?

Yeah, this is an important issue. Nils has been unreponsive at times ;(
I hope we can find some way to improve this, maybe be opening up the
maintanance to more people. Nils, comments?

But I don't think it makes sense to try to delay this. rpmautospec
is already widely used:
  $ rg -l '%autochangelog|%autorelease' *.spec | wc -l
  2973
So any shortcomings are already being felt by packagers.

Zbyszek