On Sat, 2022-08-06 at 17:19 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

> But I don't think it makes sense to try to delay this. rpmautospec
> is already widely used:
>   $ rg -l '%autochangelog|%autorelease' *.spec | wc -l
>   2973
> So any shortcomings are already being felt by packagers.

I use it in some packages, but I've also specifically *stopped* using
it in other packages because of several issues (which I think were
among those Miro listed). I share Miro's concern that it may not be
robust enough to be the Recommended Way yet, and its maintenance does
not seem strong enough.

If there's significant progress on fixing the issues I'll try switching
more packages over to it again, though.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA