On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 05:30:35PM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> Following my comment in
> https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2856#comment-812870 I wrote a simple
> script to check how many users have commit rights onto some project in
> src.fp.o, but aren't (anymore) members of the `packager` group:
>
> ```
> Found 31 users with commit privileges but not in packager group:
> packaging-team
> stefanok
> mmcgrath
> kernel-maint
> oddshocks
> systemd-maint
> lvm-team
> abrt-team
> i18n-team
> amahdal
> jvlomax
> coremodule
> libvirt-maint
> sonkun
> fonts-sig
> narasim
> perl-sig
> dcr226
> gecko-maint
> ozamosi
> sheltren
> anaconda-maint
> java-sig
> duriantang
> dracut-maint
> ipa-maint
> kmod-maint
> mariobl
> mck182
> design-sw
> cdeccio
> ```
>
> With the exclusion of *-team, *-sig and *-maint, I think packaging
> rights should be removed from those users.

I think these are users who manually removed themselves from the
packager group, but didn't remove all their acls first. (and legit
groups/sigs).

> Also, as per my comment linked above, I think there should be some check
> to prevent users removed from packager group to maintain commit rights.
> No idea where/how to implement that.

I don't think it happens too often. We could make a script that checks
it from time to time tho. Might be a good cadidate for a toddler (
https://pagure.io/toddlers)

In the mean time I agree we should remove the non team/sig/maint users
above.

kevin