On Sat, Sep 03, 2022 at 02:01:59PM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> Il 26/08/22 07:17, David Tardon ha scritto:
> > Hi,

> >> Same for ipa-maint account.
> > Same for systemd-maint and dracut-maint.
> >
> > D.
>
> So... wouldn't be better to have a consistent way across all packages to
> deal with these cases?

Sure, but Fedora has been around for many years, accross a bunch of
differnt applications and these things have never been completly set.
:(

> What's better, a pseudo-user to be the main-admin of a package, or a
> real user to be the main-admin and just add the pseudo-user as the
> default assignee of bugs?

We discussed this back when we switched from pkgdb to pagure-dist-git
some. One thought at the time was that we make every package use a
pseutouser for main-admin, but there's downsides to that too.
On the plus side it would allow us to get rid of 'main admin'.

> Who owns the credentials of those pseudo-users? Also, Fedora Accounts
> user pages links to non-existent wiki pages... it would be nice to have
> a description about them (if there's a consensus of continue listing
> them as main-admin).

Many of them the group using them has the credentials, or no one at all.

I'm not sure it's possible to get them all sorted, but I agree at least
a wiki page with info on them would be good to have at the very least.

kevin