On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 12:13:26PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 05. 09. 22 11:07, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> >
> > Apart from that, I don't think that the pseudo-users or group ownership
> > would work. I saw a good amount of people giving the packages to some
> > groups or pseudo-users, but in turn, that meant there is nobody who
> > would care about such package.
>
> +100

While that can surely happen, it can and does also happen when someone
is 'main admin' of a package. :) You can't make someone care.
I think the best thing we can do is match up the people who care with
the packages they care about. Using main admin as a indicator of who
cares for the package doesn't seem right to me. You can definitely have
cases of packages where multiple people work on it, or cases where just
one person does, but they aren't the main admin.

Anyhow, the only real reason we need main admin is that bugzilla needs 1
specific user to assign bugs to. Perhaps we could consider this when/if
we ever move off bugzilla.

kevin