* Jakub Jelinek:

> -Werror=implicit -Werror=implicit-function-declaration
> -Werror=old-style-definition
> will reject these even now.  Though, I think -Wold-style-definition warns
> even about the no argument case which in C2X is the same as in C++ - ()
> being equivalent to (void).

In particular, you can continue to write declarations like this one,

  char foo ();

even though -Werror=strict-prototypes rejects such declarations.  What
will stop working is calling foo ("ignored") because () is no am empty
parameter list, not an unspecified parameter list.  (-Wstrict-prototypes
will become irrelevant because there won't be any functions without
prototypes.)

It is really impossible to test this with -Werror=strict-prototypes
because the “char foo ();” construct is widely used in configure checks,
and will continue to work with the default language mode.

Thanks,
Florian