* Vít Ondruch:

> So what is the current status? How many packages are going to be
> affected by this change? How are we going to track the progress?

I see an unaudited rebuild failure rate of about 10% for rebuilds of
source packages that produce arch-full binary packages.  This number
does not include packages which fail to build in rawhide without the
compiler change.  It includes packages which configure checks for
something that we really do not support (like setproctitle or strlcpy).
After the first pass completes, I'll have to do a second pass with the
expected-to-be-undeclared functions gathered from the first pass
filtered out.  That should give us better numbers.

There will be a few generic issues in build tools that when address fix
multiple packages, like the unfortunate has_function() implementation in
Python's setuptools/distutils.

So far, I think 10% is likely an overestimate.

Thanks,
Florian