Dne 27. 10. 22 v 6:57 Florian Weimer napsal(a):
* Kevin Fenzi:

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 10:23:40AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
* Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek:

More recently, I was explicitly told not to keep the compiler changes on
a branch in Fedora dist-git.

It is not really possible to get realistic testing through compiler flag
injection because crufty old code that is problematic for these changes
often does not inject flags properly.  Certain likely changes cannot be
modeled through -Werror= options (but can be patched into GCC).  Some
build systems explicitly filter out -Werror= options during the
configure stage (generally a good idea, but not helpful here).

So I'm a bit at a loss what to do here.  Maybe releng can reconsider
their approach.
So, can you say that copr definitely will not work for this?
As far as I can tell, COPR doesn't do scratch builds.  So if I publish a
repository in COPR with everything required in it, Fedora developers
still cannot run a single command that uploads some SRPMs and runs a
build with the right buildroot configuration.  They have to create their
own COPR project first and build into that.

They have to create their own Copr, righ, but they can specify repositories of your Copr to include everything needed via Settings > Project Details > 2. Build options > External Repositories:

And of course, you can give access to your repository to anybody who asks Settings > Request Permissions

There is also Other Actions > Fork this project option, but I have no experience with this option if this is feasible way or not.

Vít

  Maybe it's possible to
script this in some way.  Maybe it's also possible to provide a
reference mock configuration for local builds.  But I think it's going
to be less convenient for packagers than running a scratch build against
Koji.

Thanks,
Florian