On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 06:00:59PM -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10 2023 at 03:19:10 PM -0800, Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com>
> wrote:
> > Is there something wrong with that approach that I am not understanding?
>
> No, I don't think you're missing anything. That should work fine for
> PackageKit. But of course it won't do a thing to help with for other
> services that are misbehaving! The goal here is to make the operating system
> generally more robust.

Ok, but it seems safer to just add timeouts to things that take too long
and can safely be killed off rather than lowering the timeout for
everything and potentially kill things that cannot safely be killed.

I realize it's a lot more work to try and fix particular slow things.

It's hard to know what really needs more time and what just should be
killed off sooner. :(

kevin