On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 at 08:25, Stephen Smoogen <ssmoo...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 at 05:56, Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 02:02:54PM -0500, Ben Cotton wrote:
>> > In accordance with FESCo's Inactive Packager Policy[1], packagers that
>> > have been identified as inactive have a ticket in the
>> > find-inactive-packagers repo[2]. One week after the final release,
>> > packagers who remain inactive will be removed from the packager group.
>> > (Note that pagure.io is one of the systems checked for activity, so
>> > commenting on your ticket that you're still around will prevent you
>> > from showing up in the second round.)
>> >
>> > If you have suggestions for improvement, look for the open feature
>> > issues[3] and file an issue in the find-inactive-packagers repo[4] if
>> > it's not there already.
>>
>> Just an FYI, I was talking to armbru about this ticket:
>>
>> https://pagure.io/find-inactive-packagers/issue/1181
>>
>> Although he does not mind losing packager status, he does say that he
>> did not receive any email to the @redhat.com address about this
>> ticket.
>>
>> It may be that the email was lost in a filter as somtimes happens.
>> But maybe we're not sending out emails to the packagers?
>>

> So this may be a problem with how pagure recognizes 'users' it can expand
> with @. If you notice in that ticket the account is not 'blue' or
> highlighted. Contrast that with
> https://pagure.io/find-inactive-packagers/issue/1436 where gotmax23bot is
> expandable.
>
> What this means is that the pagure database knows the link between
> gotmax23bot and an email address, but had no way of knowing armbru was an
> actual user. I believe the Pagure database does not automatically link @
> with fas accounts so I expect we have a bunch of tickets which aren't
> useful.

OK looking through the tickets, most of the ones I clicked on did not have
'accounts' that the backing pagure.io thought were expandable. I believe
another method is going to be needed to get in touch with these individuals.

--
Stephen Smoogen, Red Hat Automotive
Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.