On Wed, 2023-02-15 at 14:02 -0500, Ben Cotton wrote:
> In accordance with FESCo's Inactive Packager Policy[1], packagers
> that
> have been identified as inactive have a ticket in the
> find-inactive-packagers repo[2]. One week after the final release,
> packagers who remain inactive will be removed from the packager
> group.
> (Note that pagure.io is one of the systems checked for activity, so
> commenting on your ticket that you're still around will prevent you
> from showing up in the second round.)
>
> If you have suggestions for improvement, look for the open feature
> issues[3] and file an issue in the find-inactive-packagers repo[4] if
> it's not there already.
>
> For the curious, here are the stats from today's run:
>
> ### Found 2129 users in the packager group. ###
> ### Found 914 users with no activity in pagure/src.fp.org over the
> last year. ###
> ### Found 845 users which also show no activity in Bodhi over the
> last year. ###
> ### Found 812 users which show also no activity in mailing lists over
> the last year. ###
> ### Found 812 users which also show no activity in Bugzilla over the
> last year. ###
>
> As we approach
>
> [1]
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fesco/Policy_for_inactive_packagers/
> [2]
> https://pagure.io/find-inactive-packagers/issues?tags=inactive_packager&status=Open
> [3] https://pagure.io/find-inactive-packagers/issues?tags=feature
> [4] https://pagure.io/find-inactive-packagers/new_issue

I think we may though in one way to avoid retire packages after 6 weeks
of being orphan when they still perfectly usable.

For example slim-1.3.6-22.fc36 was retired when a user want use it and
now want un-retire it

For example on Java many packages was retired and we still use it, like
hsqldb1.

IMHO the retirement of the packages just because the packager
maintainer was inactive or unresponsive or just leave the project,
bring to us others problems and much more work for others packager
maintainers (like me) .
I don't know really what is better but I think the process can be
improved

Best regards,

--
Sérgio M. B.