On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 8:58 AM Petr Menšík <pemen...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I own htdig package, which got recently discovered license issue with
> bundled libdb version ~3.x [1]. I think the only reason it is still in
> Fedora is that just compiled for years back. I doubt anyone is using it
> at the moment and I have never used it myself. I just inherited it when
> joined Red Hat and just once fixed FTBFS bug, otherwise there weren't
> been any feedback to it for years.
>
> It uses undeclared libdb copy with Sleepycat license, which were
> declared incompatible for Fedora [2].

Just to clarify, the true Sleepycat License (while problematic by design)
has always been allowed for Fedora. The bundled libdb in htdig is under a
modification of the Sleepycat license that imposes use restrictions and is
non-FOSS (in the relevant fedora-license-data issue I describe it as a
"monstrosity").

Richard