On Thu, 2023-04-06 at 12:56 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 6, 2023 at 12:32 PM Simo Sorce <s...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2023-04-03 at 16:18 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> > >
> > > There is a notification bell in the right sidebar. Click it. ;)
> > >

> > Or we can simply ignore that discussion until it lands in devel with a
> > change proposal.
> >

> Discussing on the forum was a suggestion from zbyszek and I think he
> proposed it in the same spirit that I agreed to the proposal - as an
> experiment in trying to align technical discussions more closely with the
> overall direction of the Fedora project for communication.
>
> I think we can see both pros and cons in how it's gone - on the good side,
> people are involved that might not be involved otherwise, there's an easily
> accessible public record of the conversation that is more readable than
> even a good mailing list archive, and having richer markup available is
> genuinely useful.
>
> On the downside, spam limits on new posters have gotten in the way in some
> cases, and people have had some trouble figuring out how to use the quoting
> features, resulting in disconnected responses.
>
> Yes, there will eventually be change proposals, which will be discussed
> here (unless anything changes...) but I would strongly encourage people to
> get involved now in the discussion if they care about the topic  - the more
> we can get things right early, the better.

Sorry Owen,
discourse is too disruptive for me to spend time on.

I did try to skim the discussion and I think you have quite a few hints
already that this is not an easy path.
What I would recommend though, is to split this monster of a proposal
in smaller progressive steps.

You do not need to get everything super-tight-secure on the first try
(you won't be able to anyway), and building it in steps will allow you
to also (hopefully) offer a more fine-grained choice/configuration
later on.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce