On 21/04/2023 18:52, Matthew Miller wrote:

"Mailing list mode" was a specific thing in earlier versions of Discourse —
it sent a notification for every message posted. This is kind of like going
to Hyperkitty and saying "subscribe me to all 600 lists". I don't recommend
that. Instead, choose specific tags that you want to subscribe to, just as
you would subscribe to individual mailing lists.

It's still a thing in current versions, it just doesn't seem to be
available in the Fedora installation.

It also doesn't have to send you everything as you can mute those
things you don't want to include.

Having to positively opt in to certain tags seems like a terrible
idea as you're bound to miss lots of things when people create new
tags that you don't even know exist. I'd much rather get everything
by default and then opt out of the things I'm not interested in.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/