On 4/25/23 14:33, Solomon Peachy via devel wrote:
>> Honestly, if a "how to configure discourse to mimic the MUA-managed
>> mailing list experience (ie not having to log into a web site after the
>> initial configuration)" document is produced, that's probaby sufficient
>> to overcome most of these objections, because then the setup cost is
>> one-off, and the ongoing "interact with Fedora-devel" cost won't be any
>> greater than it already is.

As far as I can tell, it is impossible to configure Discourse to work like a
mailing list. It is not designed for that. It is a web AJAX forum, with the
possibility to get e-mail notifications, but the e-mail interaction is
limited and cannot replace the AJAX UI.

And in particular, NNTP is not supported at all, and the way the e-mail
notifications work does not lend itself to NNTP gatewaying over Gmane.

Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Only if there's a companion document on how to interact with Discourse
> over NNTP.  :-(

Exactly that.

        Kevin Kofler