Hi Vit,

Dne 27. 06. 23 v 12:43 Vít Ondruch napsal(a):

Dne 26. 06. 23 v 18:00 Aoife Moloney napsal(a):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/AnacondaWebUIforFedoraWorkstation

This document represents a proposed Change. As part of the Changes
process, proposals are publicly announced in order to receive
community feedback. This proposal will only be implemented if approved
by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee.

== Summary ==
The new PatternFly-based UI has been developed by the Anaconda team
for some time now and we would like to make it available for users of
Fedora to enhance and modernize installation experience. As the first
step in this user adoption process, we are targeting Fedora
Workstation only.

== Owner ==

* Name: Anaconda team ([[User:jkonecny| Jiří Konečný]])

* Email: jkone...@redhat.com
* Name: Fedora Workstation SIG
* Email: desk...@lists.fedoraproject.org

== Detailed Description ==
The Anaconda team has been working on a new web-based UI for the OS
installer for some time. We would like to give users the fruits of our
work and get feedback so that we know what we need to improve or where
we should focus.
To make the adoption as painless as possible, the Fedora Workstation
was chosen as the first target so we have better control over the
environment and can have a focus. Also, Fedora Workstation has a
smaller featureset than other installation media. The adoption for the
other media later is planned too, but the exact date will be based on
feedback and our capacity allowance.

=== What will '''not''' change with the new Web UI? ===
The new UI will mostly use already existing functional code (some
modifications are necessary), so the stability should be similar. The
Anaconda specific kernel boot parameters are also staying almost
unchanged. The Anaconda team aims to reduce functionality that is not
used but still put a maintenance burden on the team. This should
result in much easier future extensions and stability of the
installer. The current approach is to start from what is known to be
required and used, then add future features based on the feedback.

=== What is going to change with the new Web UI? ===
The new web UI is not just a change of the UI technology, which is
based on the React and Cockpit framework, but also a complete overhaul
of the user experience. The new UI is trying to be easier to use by
removing most of the complexities but still leaving possibilities to
do everything you might need to do. We are trying to achieve a state
where even users who don’t have previous experience with the Linux
operating system will be able to do the installation smoothly.

List of what is part of the new UI:
* Wizard solution instead of hub and spoke

I am sad to see the "hub and spoke" to go away :(
I understand your point and honestly I felt the same way. However, I see it as
improvement after working with that a few times. Our ultimate goal
(not target right now) is to enable users to skip unnecessary steps so we
would get to similar level of what we had but easily understandable.

Jirka

Vít