On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 10:01 AM Aoife Moloney <amolo...@redhat.com> wrote:

> == Summary ==
> The new PatternFly-based UI has been developed by the Anaconda team
> for some time now and we would like to make it available for users of
> Fedora to enhance and modernize installation experience. As the first
> step in this user adoption process, we are targeting Fedora
> Workstation only.

I was pleasantly surprised with the progress here based on the test image I
randomly stumbled upon this year. It's a big change from the familiar and
should be treated as such.

Does it make more sense to focus efforts on releasing an official
alternative Workstation install ISO? Generally, when you make people feel
like they are forced to change it's more likely to cause frustration. We
could make this more a celebration, a special access/preview to what is
next, and attract testers on https://fedoraproject.org/workstation/ with
some simple messaging. Completely understood that this would add yet
another QA target and that might be more burdensome than it's worth.

If changing the default install experience is the main goal, we should
start producing install media as soon as possible and promote it through
the F38 cycle. Maybe as part of the respin process in F38. The more
comfortable everyone is with this change, before the F39 release day, the
more likely this change will be well received.

--
Jonathan Steffan
jonathanstef...@gmail.com