Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Right. To do this in systemd implies that you're patching openssh to
> do socket-based activation... hence why I asked about upstream's opinion
> on it.

Why would we care?

It's our goal to have ALL network daemons be socket-activated eventually.
This is a distribution-wide feature and as such software MUST be patched to
support it. Doing this kind of integration work is what a distribution is
for.

We need to stop treating upstream like a sacred cow. It is OUR decision as a
distribution what we want to ship to our users. The Free licensing of the
software we ship explicitly allows us to adapt it to any and all of our
needs.

        Kevin Kofler