On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 06:34:45 +0100
Michał Piotrowski <mkkp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> W dniu 3 grudnia 2010 09:14 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
> <mkkp...@gmail.com> napisał:
> [..]
> > What services are installed by default when installong form Live
> > GNOME/KDE/etc and DVD?
>
> Ok, let's ask the question differently - what services should be run
> by default to provide working system for desktop user?

Perhaps we can ask this even more differently:

What are you trying to do? Whats your high level goal here?
Boot speed? Number of packages installed?

> IMO ssh can be off by default and should be started only if user tries
> to connect over port 22.

If systemd will allow us to do that, sure.

> Do we really need to install iptables/ip6tables by default (it's in
> core group)?

Yes, I think so. Either firewall by default, or we need to make sure
nothing is running that listens externally to reduce security
footprint, IMHO.

kevin