On fredag 23. februar 2024 02:36:38 CET Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 8:32 PM Sérgio Basto <ser...@serjux.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 2024-01-28 at 20:14 +0000, Neal Gompa wrote:

> > > We cannot change this without breaking backward compatibility. It'll
> > > have to stay that way until RHEL 9 falls out of support.
> >

> > That is a good argument to not change it , why we need break backward
> > compatibility ?
> >

> Nah. It just means we don't change any configuration or PATH stuff,
> which is fine because the sbin -> bin symlink will cover it.

Shouldn't sbin be removed from the path with this change?

The only reason normal users have sbin in the first place is because of the
convenience of tab completion with sudo.

When normal users got sbin, it was important that it was at the end of the
variable or it would break consolehelper. I’m not sure if consolehelper is
ever used anymore but its still part the repo.