Am 06.02.2012 17:37, schrieb Michael Cronenworth:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>> it was refreshed for me with the question below
>> without such idiotic changes this sort of problems
>> would simply not exist and people would learn to
>> use their OS instead obfuscate all options from
>> the users like windows
>>
>> what does this user if he has no other computer
>> for his question?
>
> Instead of forcing down your opinion down everyone's throats, there are nicer
> alternatives that need attention
> instead. How about you create a patch set (instead of threatening emails)
> that adds the ability to detect a bad
> boot and have grub prompt the user for an action the next time the system
> boots?

if it ain't broken do not fix it

why should any magical patch be needed if a working for long time
behavior was changed for dying in beauty? i did even not know that
it was changed sooo bad because the first thing i do is disable quiet
and the whole graphical boot

but it was not clear to me that in the meantime the whole menu
was hidden from the users who do not know about this

"adds the ability to detect a bad boot and have grub prompt the user for an
action
the next time the system boots" -> if boot fails you want to write to
a disk without knowing what happens what wozld be needed to know that
it failed the last time -> very bad idea!