On 3/21/12 10:36 AM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
The main place I see ARM emulation being useful is in allowing any
packager with an x86 host to boot a simulated ARM host to resolve build
failures in their package.  That's not ideal- ideal is every package
owner has an ARM system they can use, but it's perhaps a starting point.
  If other people have feedback on this point I'd be interested to hear
their take on it.  I think a combination of ARM emulation and providing
a network-accessible set of test machines will go along way toward
giving packagers what they need and plan to update the proposal to say
so, subject to the feedback we get on this point.

Arm emulation would go a long way toward validating produced install images too. Those of us that validate x86 images depend heavily on KVM and the like.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!