On 04/21/2012 12:33 AM, Matej Cepl wrote:
Yes, and I wonder why Fedora users just don't it. Nobody knows why,
either we have too stupid names, or we are too geeky, or something. And
I have to admit, that although my first Debian was potato and I have
switched to Fedora just before etch (and I have no idea, what was the
number of these releases), I have never felt the smallest inclination to
call my first Fedora distro anything else than Fedora Core 6.

Speaking about myself: because Fedora change too often. Lets take last 3 Debian releases (etch, lenny, squeeze) and you are in year 2007. For the same range you have eleven Fedora releases. That is too much. I can keep only 3-5 last releases in my poor head. So while I can distinguish age of Etch and Lenny, I could not do that for Moonshine and Sulphur. But I can do that for Fedora 7 and Fedora 9.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering