On Tue, 07.08.12 13:31, Gary Gatling (gsgat...@ncsu.edu) wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Lennart Poettering
> <mzerq...@0pointer.de>wrote:
> >

> > Ok, what about this:
> >
> > "If your package includes one or more systemd units that shall be
> > enabled by default on package installation, they need to be listed in
> > the default Fedora preset
> > policy. [[
> > http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/systemd.git/plain/99-default.preset|
> > The default fedora preset policy is shipped as part of systemd.rpm]]. If
> > your unit files are missing from this list, please file a bug against
> > the systemd package. Only services included in the
> > [[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Starting_services_by_default|list of
> > services that may be enabled by default on package installation]] are
> > eligible for this."
> >
> > Or something like this?
> >

> Question about new systemd policy,
>
> If your package is under review, and it enables its service by default, do
> you add it to the bugzilla of the systemd package or would that be one of
> the things that needs to happen if it gets approved?

To enable a service by default after package installation you need
permission from FESCO. See the last line of:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Starting_services_by_default

If you have permission from FESCO then I will add it to the default
preset file in systemd and upload it to Fedora.

What service are you specifically wondering about?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.