On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 02:23:41PM -0400, Lukas Nykryn wrote:
Sorry for this mess. After a discussion, we have decided, that the
best way would be to create bugs for every packages and then helping
creating patches for specfiles.

Just to be clear, I had no problem at all with the bugs being filed,
nor with the changes (which seem very sensible).  I just pointed out
it would be better if you actually fixed the packages, or at least
offered to do that for packagers.

One thing to be careful of is compatibility with prior releases, and especially EPEL. I maintain a lot of package for EPEL and as much as possible I maintain the same spec on all branchs. Changes going into the master branch of my packages that I couldn't just merge into prior releases would be a problem for me.

That caveat aside, I'm always happy to have help :)

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702