On Tue, 21.08.12 13:24, Tom Lane (t...@redhat.com) wrote:

> Bruno Wolff III <br...@wolff.to> writes:
> > Tom Lane <t...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> >> Huh?  That doesn't happen given the current (F16/F17) scriptlets AFAICS.
> >> They don't touch the service's enable state.
>
> > Maybe what I am seeing is something different. I certainly have services
> > turn back on after updates that I have disabled. sendmail is one example.
>
> Hm, that seems pretty odd.  sendmail's %post script is
>
> %post
> if [ $1 -eq 1 ] ; then
> # Initial installation
>       /bin/systemctl enable sendmail.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>       /bin/systemctl enable sm-client.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>       /bin/systemctl daemon-reload >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> fi

As a side note: the explicit "daemon-reload" command is unnecessary, as
the reload is already implicitly done by "enable". In fact, since there are two
enable lines this will even result in a total of 3 full
reloads. Shortening this to "systemctl enable sendmail.service
sm-client.service" is much nicer.

(That all said, instead of patching this it is probably a good idea to
just port things over, to the new macros).

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.