Reindl Harald composed on 2015-11-07 16:12 (UTC+0100):

> Felix Miata composed:

>> Kevin Kofler composed on 2015-11-07 14:05 (UTC+0100):

>> Any demarcation that is calendar based is purely arbitrary. 64 bit was
>> introduced far more than 10 years ago. There is plenty of 32 bit hardware
>> perfectly capable of doing what needs doing regardless of age. Not everyone
>> needs, or wants, the bloat that newer enables. Not everyone is "speed"
>> sensitive, while most are sensitive to the security that keeping current
>> provides

> and these are the Fedora relevant users?

Surely there are people who need relativly recent or current versions of
software other than web browsers who aren't concerned with speed or replacing
hardware at an arbitrary chronological age. Photographers using Darktable may
well be among them.

Under any given roof, it makes sense to keep all machines on the same OS when
practical. Who's to say a whole family or business should be using CentOS
because one machine is past its prime?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/