Am 07.11.2015 um 19:26 schrieb Neal Gompa:
On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net
    maybe you did not get "not that i say Fedora should go ahead and
    build with -mavx" but we talk about SSE3

    talking about a rapid moving distribution like Fedora and at the
    same time hestitate to use technology available for a decade is
    strange - i guess people plan to run their hardware for 10, 12, 15
    years are not using typically a distribution like Fedora

​The flip side of it is that Fedora is the foundation for RHEL and other
distributions. Most of the others don't matter so much, but RHEL does,
as that has to support servers and such. But even there, I would suggest
to say that we could say that RHEL 8 shouldn't have a problem bumping
up, since RHEL 7 supports those systems fine and will be supported for 9
more years.​

that must be why Redhat dropped i686 completly with RHEL7...

BTW: you converting of plaintext mails to HTML and place a few lines below a full quote is annoying

that's also annoying especially if you place a 1-liner HTML repsonse at the bottom of a unstripped post, and it's annoying like all sort of fortune-messages for train bayes-filters with ham