On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 11:53:26 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> > You can find all your updates under the 'profile' tab. You could even
> > set a bookmark to this page.
> >

> I can hardly see what has my "profile" in common with my updates. They
> should be shown on the  welcome screen.

It's not the only web site where a person's public activity can be viewed
on the person's public profile page. That way you can look for a person's
updates, for example. I could understand extra features like that.

However, that's still no reason for the login welcome page to not list the
person's own updates or to explicitly highlight those that wait for action.
To say that "other folks find the overall status more interesting" is a poor
excuse for the page not being customisable.