On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 23:26:23 +0000
Ian Malone <ibmal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If this is a requirement then it rules out a lot of potential
> packagers who are not full time employed to work on OSS. I could not
> sit at my desk and respond to IRCs about Fedora all day.

As with so much in life, IMHO, it's not a black and white issue, it's
somewhere in between.

It's nice when you can find a maintainer on IRC and ask about something
quickly, but if they aren't there then thats too bad and you can either
just send them email or update the bug or update the package if it's
particularly urgent.

Communication is important. As a provenpackager if you are changing a
bunch of packages for some issue, it's unlikely you can mail each
maintainer/co-maintainer separately, but you should definitely keep the
list updated and answer questions sent to you about it.

kevin