Hi,

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 08:36:21AM +0100, Martine Lenders wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bernhard Nägele <bernh...@naegele-privat.de> writes:
> > thank you for that hint. Is it sufficient to enable that modul in the
> > Makefile.dep file in the main-folder, or should I add this to the Makefile
> > in my example/..../Makefiles? Are there any changes needed elsewhere?
>
> it is pretty insignificant where you enable it. You can even set
> USEMODULE=gnrc_sixlowpan_iphc_nhc as a local environment variable to
> make with the same effect (which IMHO is the cleanest approach since
> it does not change any files, so in case you forget about that it
> isn't hurting you afterwards ;-)):

btw:

I want to change the default handling here inside the Linux kernel.

Compression for nhc at transmit side is turned off and can be turned on
by a debugfs UAPI which doesn't exist right now.
Same handling like the "compression flag" for rfc6775 stateful
compression, just adapted for nhc.

Receive handling is default on for nhc de-compression.

This is a small open task inside the linux-kernel, everybody is welcome
to send-patches, see [0].

I currently have other priorities e.g. short address handling.

- Alex

[0] http://wpan.cakelab.org/#_developing