An unnamed Administration source, Kendall Bennett, wrote:
% David Dawes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
%
% > I guess you must have read something to even know about the existence
% > of a host.def file.  I presume that it was misleading, and so should
% > be fixed.
%
% Yes, I have the file that I printed out sitting on my desk! As it turns
% out, it appears to be rather outdated and antiquated and I am not sure
% exactly where I found it now.
%
% > I think that <http://www.xfree86.org/current/BUILD.html> is a
% > reasonable introduction to building XFree86, but suggestions for
% > improving that document are most welcome.

[...]

% To solve this problem it would be great if someone added a new section to
% the primary XFree86 web site titled something like 'Building XFree86 for
% the first time'. It could have a paragraph describing how easy it is to
% build XFree86, and then have a link to the BUILD.html file. If that was
% available when I started building it again a few months back I think it
% would have saved me a lot of time ;-)

How about: "Special Edition Building XFree86 for the First Time for
Compleat Morons in 24 Hours by Example Unleashed." ;-)

Kurt
--
If you push the "extra ice" button on the soft drink vending machine,
you won't get any ice.  If you push the "no ice" button, you'll get