Måns Rullgård wrote:
"Mike A. Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Right now, the biggest hit on the desktop is probably unaccelerated RENDER operations. That's what most users likely see as "desktop slowdowns" currently. Over time, those things will improve as people write support.

I've been trying to find specs for implementing hardware RENDER
support for my graphics card.  I have the specs for the card.  The
problem is that nobody seems to know what the various RENDER functions
in a driver are supposed to do, or what the structs represent.
Without this information, there's not much I can do.

For a start, look at the mga or the sis driver. Both accelerate aa texture blitting for aa text with quite remarkable speed improvements.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria