On 02/08/2012, at 10:02 PM, <lars.kn...@nokia.com> <lars.kn...@nokia.com> wrote:

> I talked a bit with the team in Brisbane this morning. Obviously the mood
> there is somewhat grim.

Grim yes, but at least we now know what is happening with our jobs in respect
to Nokia.

> Talking for me, it's really sad to see this happen. There are a lot of bright
> engineers working in that office and I have been working with many of them
> for quite some time now. I really hope that everybody will find a new job
> soon, and that most of the people will actually stay connected to the Qt
> ecosystem and Qt project in some form or another.
>
> For Qt as a product, it is now really important to remember that we do have
> the Qt project and a live and active community around it. This might make
> some things a bit more difficult in the short term, but we will find ways to
> deal with this and to continue to move Qt forward.
>
> I'll try to keep this list posted and informed as good as I can.

Luckily, the majority of work for 5.0 has already been done in these effected
modules.

I cannot speak for others, but I will certainly help out when/if I can,
regardless of my employment. I want to continue working with sensors and sensor
gestures, but I can help maintain the code I helped out with in other areas -
sysinfo, bearermanagement backends.