On 2014-08-12, at 07:15 PM, Adam Strzelecki <o...@java.pl> wrote:

>> Err, what? Standard use case is @rpath + copy frameworks. So if that's done
>> by default, and macdeployqt is deleted, no one is bothered.
>
> But app won't start, because it needs to resolve Qt libs referenced via
> @rpath to @executable_path/../Frameworks, thus accompanying `QMAKE_RPATHDIR =
> @executable_path/../Frameworks` standard default (of course only if Qt libs
> are using at all).

Yes, it will start. I'm saying we can copy the frameworks to the bundle by
default, set the application's rpath list to @executable_path/../Frameworks by
default, and everything works out of the box whether it's launched from an IDE
or from Finder.

> And yes I do agree from very beginning for (overriding and) clearing defaults
> via: `QMAKE_RPATHDIR = ` (an empty list).
>
> Seems we are getting closer to consensus.

:thumbsup:

Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at petroules.com
Chief Technology Officer - Petroules Corporation