Am 29.01.20 um 09:57 schrieb Cristián Maureira-Fredes:
I really want to believe that the new startup price is the beginning
of having ad-hoc pricing for everyone, and hopefully in the future
we can also see "medium-size company prices" or
"freelancer developer licenses", but such decisions cannot be made
at the same time.

Once the new startup pricing is out, the company will analyze if it was
a good move, and evaluate special future offerings,

the new pricing will only fit to very very small business or single developers, so I imagine that there won't be so many licenses sold. analyzing this one year later could give the answer "it doesn't work - let us stop it".

would be much better to change the limitations (increase max revenue) to get a larger amount of new devs using this

also it would be a good idea to have license prices for medium sized businesses, so everyone starting with small-biz-license knows what to pay if he/she has success and grows with Qt.

I know some features are missing, but over all Qt is such a great platform for mobile apps. Since QQC2 you can create cool and performant mobile apps. (Looking forward to Qt6/QML3 where all is compiled to C++)

I'm speaking on dev conferences, demonstrating apps at conferences and customers, writing articles for magazines. Licensing costs always was the barrier for other devs to jump on Qt. Now with $499/year it's much better to argument against usw of Xamarin, Flutter, ReactNative....

Hope TQC will adjust definition of small business and also provide license for medium business.

--

ekke (ekkehard gentz)

independent software architect
international development native mobile business apps
Qt Mobile: Android, iOS, W10 (former projects: BlackBerry 10)
workshops - trainings - app development

*Qt Champion
BlackBerry Elite Developer
*
max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany
mailto:e...@ekkes-corner.org
my blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
app development blog: http://appbus.org

twitter: @ekkescorner
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/ekkehard/
Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID: DE189929490