On Oct 11, 2016, at 05:01 PM, Oliver Grawert wrote:

>defining it in the gadget would be rather awful since that means if we
>use an identical image for cloud, VM  and "normal PC install" we would
>need a gadget per image just for that one difference ... (the pc image
>that you can use for all three consists of: pc (gadget, pc-kernel
>(obviously kernel) and core (rootfs).

That's the data point I was looking for, thanks!

Can you explain in more detail why kvm images need some extra space, but other
images do not?

Also, if you specify a fudge factor via cli/envar, should that be applied in
addition to, or instead of, any built-in compensation for file system
overhead?

Cheers,
-Barry