hi,
On Mi, 2016-10-12 at 14:14 -0300, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> It doesn't make much sense to have an option that controls the
> generated disk image size by itself. We have multiple volumes,
> multiple images, and multiple partitions inside any given volume.
> What is the size referring to? To make sense of it, ubuntu-image must
> necessarily learn more about what to do with that value via the
> gadget.yaml itself.

well, not sure what we discussed the last two days here or if you read
anything that was said by me ...

it is the padding the image has to have to be usable in kvm ...

without it *we can not use* the kvm image (well, you will have a few MB
free but not be able to install any significant snap due to not having
the diskspace) alternatively we would have to hardcode a size for the
writable partition in some other way which we do not support today.

ciao
        oli