On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_...@web.de>
wrote:

> I agree with Bombe that it’s not nice to lose the history, but with
> git that’s the best we can do. It’s a limitation of the tool.

It's not a limitation of the tool, it's a limitation created by your desire
to misuse the tool.

Individual commits should not be reviewed, pull requests should.  I'm
really surprised that people are so resistant to this, this is widely
accepted practice.  It certainly works very well for my team (with a larger
codebase than Freenet).  We've never had any of the problems you guys seem
to be so concerned about.

If the pull request is too big to be reviewed, then it should have been
broken into small pull requests.  Typically a pull request should represent *at
most* 4 days worth of work.

Ian.