On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A simple change that could improve the experience for newcomers would be
> that the default Admin user to have a simple type.
>
> One of the problems new users have is that they have too many options in
> the Edit menu and this can be confusing.
>
> The downside is that it will add an additional step for developers/testers
> to change the user type back (or at least until we provide a Developer
> user/profile).
>
> Also we would need to make sure the documentation is up to date and fix the
> tests.
>
> WDTY?

You're talking about the jetty+hsqldb distribution (the "ZIP Package"
available on the download page)? Is this the most used / downloaded
distribution? Because the other distributions don't have the Admin user,
see
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/DistributionWizard#HAdminuser
.

Thanks,