> On 17 Oct 2016, at 12:38, Marius Dumitru Florea
> <mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> A simple change that could improve the experience for newcomers would be
>> that the default Admin user to have a simple type.
>> One of the problems new users have is that they have too many options in
>> the Edit menu and this can be confusing.
>> The downside is that it will add an additional step for developers/testers
>> to change the user type back (or at least until we provide a Developer
>> user/profile).
>> Also we would need to make sure the documentation is up to date and fix the
>> tests.
>> WDTY?
> You're talking about the jetty+hsqldb distribution (the "ZIP Package"
> available on the download page)? Is this the most used / downloaded
> distribution? Because the other distributions don't have the Admin user,
> see
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/DistributionWizard#HAdminuser
> .

Is the Admin user that is created a simple user?

Two options:
1) either he is, in which case this gives another argument for creating the
Admin user as a simple user for the HSQLDB/Jetty packaging
2) either he’s not (ie he’s created as an advanced one) and in this case we
should fix that in 2 places (in the HSLQDB/Jetty packaging + in the code that
creates the Admin user for the other packagins).