Hi Marius,

> On 17 Oct 2016, at 12:38, Marius Dumitru Florea
> <mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A simple change that could improve the experience for newcomers would be
>> that the default Admin user to have a simple type.
>>
>> One of the problems new users have is that they have too many options in
>> the Edit menu and this can be confusing.
>>
>> The downside is that it will add an additional step for developers/testers
>> to change the user type back (or at least until we provide a Developer
>> user/profile).
>>
>> Also we would need to make sure the documentation is up to date and fix the
>> tests.
>>
>> WDTY?
>>

> You're talking about the jetty+hsqldb distribution (the "ZIP Package"
> available on the download page)? Is this the most used / downloaded
> distribution? Because the other distributions don't have the Admin user,
> see
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/DistributionWizard#HAdminuser

Yes you’re right this is probably only for the Jetty/HSQLDB packaging (since
when the Admin user is created through the DW I guess it’s created as a simple
user). But it’s even more important in this packaging because that’s the demo
package that users are supposed to use to simply test xwiki and thus the UI
should be as simple as possible for those newcomers.

<side note>
We now have packaging stats: 30% of active users are using that packaging.
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ActiveInstalls/
</side note>

Thanks
-Vincent