On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
vali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> The purpose of this mail is to decide on some rules for where admin related
> applications should be located. This mail resulted after a discussion with
> Vincent and it was initially started by the proposal to move Menu
> application inside Administration [1].
>
> Some mentions:
> - Admins should have a central place where they could find all the
> applications they can use and are intended for them. Having a central
> location helps discoverability. Administration would be that place.
>

> - Applications have configurations and actions. All configurations should
> be in Administration. If the actions are targeted only to Administrators,
> they should be listed also in Administration. We will use TABS, one for
> configuration, one for the actions UI (ex Invitation app). If the actions
> are targeted also to Users, than this application should be publicly
> available (ex User Directory).

I don't think it's that simple. Applications also have entries (data) and
the person that creates the data is not always the person that decides how
the data is used. The user that creates the panel, the menu, the tour, the
color theme, the icon theme, the skin etc. could be a content writer, a
designer, a developer and not necessarily the administrator. I find it
strange to have to give administration writes to a designer to allow him to
create a new color theme.