On Thursday, 8 August 2013 at 18:53:47 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
I've just finished a new blog article on the subject of alternative function syntax in D. I guess this is pretty straightforward stuff to all the people here but was a major source of confusion to me (and others?) when first learning D.

I personally think this is more confusing than many people think. Hopefully this will quickly arm a developer with knowledge to be able to read and understand most D code. Let me know if i've missed anything important.

http://nomad.so/2013/08/alternative-function-syntax-in-d/

I'll post to reddit in the morning.

The second non-member function example is part of the -property controversy.

    foo = 123;  // called as foo(123)

Not sure if you'd want that mentioned.