On 8/8/2013 3:02 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Thursday, 8 August 2013 at 19:15:29 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Under Extension Methods, a huge reason for them is to head off the temptation
to write 'kitchen sink' classes that are filled with every conceivable method.
The desired approach is to have the class implement the bare minimum of
functionality, and add other functionality with extension methods (that do not
have access to the class' private state).

http://www.drdobbs.com/cpp/how-non-member-functions-improve-encapsu/184401197#.UW1X9HWZeXA.reddit

I think you linked this Meyers article at some point as being the original
rationale for UFCS (correct me if I'm wrong).

You're right. I was just too lazy to link to it myself. Thanks for doing it.

BTW, I think that article is required reading. It's an easy read, and was an eye-opener for me.