On Monday, 7 October 2013 at 19:18:40 UTC, qznc wrote:
I believe one of the things D needs right now is more documentation. Therefore, I started writing a tutorial.

It is aimed at people who can already program well in other languages. This means nothing about loops or structs, because I expect most people to know this stuff. I do not consider D to be a language for beginners anyways.

It is aiming for pragmatic not comprehensive advice. For example, I mostly ignore LDC and GDC except for the optimization chapter.

Since I am working on Linux exclusively and I like the command line, I cannot teach to Windows users. Sorry.

This is still very incomplete and my our newborn family member requires quite some attention. So expect this to develop with glacial speed. ;)

Nevertheless, I want to put this version 0.1 out to get some feedback. What do you think about the topic selection? What topics are missing? Serious errors so far?

http://beza1e1.tuxen.de/d-tut-0.1/index.html

Wreck it! :)

I like it that you quote people from the forum with real situations, and even provide links of the discussion.