Am 17.10.2013 13:42, schrieb ilya-stromberg:
On Thursday, 17 October 2013 at 10:39:45 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
But one potential issue just occurred to me. What if a product is
licensed under multiple licenses that must _all_ apply? That would
basically be "MPL-2.0 and Apache-1.0" instead of "or". This is
something that happens quite frequently when code is taken from
multiple projects or when the license was changed, but some files were
under foreign copyright.

It's impossible.
For example, GPL-2.0 and GPL-3.0 are incompatible. So, if user requires
both GPL-2.0 AND GPL-3.0, it means that we have invalid license items.

So, we should provide only "OR" modifier, not "AND". And I agree with
ponce: we should provide a per-file license specifics, it should solve
your problem.

If you have per-file differences, then this in fact means that both licenses need to be obeyed when using the package. If those licenses are incompatible, that's a problem of the package combining them - it's basically unusable then. But going a per-file way is by-far too detailed. It's hard enough to assure proper per-package licensing and keeping license comments up to date, but this will IMO just result in chaos.

Also, while GPL 2 and 3 may not be compatible, there are other licenses which are compatible, but one is not a superset of the other.