Must always use script_no1 or script_no1.d?

And maybe one day I have a lot of .py files that I intend to
replace with D scripts TRANSPARENTLY for their user.

Will D bow at me why I use the .py extension?

Is D trying to shoot his own foot? It really seems to succeed
quite well.

My boss is right: is just a toy pretending to be serious.

sorry, but this is a very stupid comment:

1. never ever was a language successful(or not) because
of its file-extension behavior - maybe in your world

2. i hope there is no other tool around try to find/analyse/whatever real Python programs by using the extension - else you need to change that anyway

3. "My boss is right: is just a toy pretending to be serious" - maybe, maybe not - but not because of your stupid file extension comments

thx