On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 15:13:20 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
Am 31.10.2013 16:01, schrieb eles:
On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 14:57:15 UTC, dennis luehring
wrote:
Am 31.10.2013 15:45, schrieb eles:
On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 14:39:34 UTC, dennis luehring
wrote:
Am 31.10.2013 15:29, schrieb eles:
On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 14:28:05 UTC, dennis luehring
i don't see any chance/strategy to get D in your current development - so if you don't want to code Python ("I WANT pointers") anymore - try to find a job where you can write C/C++ or D - or else your need (and real hard interest to get your Boss in the Boart) for D seems to be not big enough - i would quit my job very fast if someone forces me to write Python code most of the time - thats all

Frankly, just stop advising me to take a new job. It is the kind of advice that I really find intrusive and unbearable.

I do critical software and is 90% C. Is for embedded devices that are great chances that you already used.

I use Python for py.test because it is the company policy and tradition, but I am not forced to like Python.

Let's keep the discussion in the terms of languages, not personal problems. I would never allow myself to tell you what you should do with your car, house, job or life.

BTW, my boss is very kind and nice, but he is concerned about how the tools would increase productivity. It is he who is responsible for the budget in front of, guess it, his boss.

Otherwise, no, I would simply quit D instead of my job. And this neither, I don't want to do it.

Please, stop advising me in matters that I consider should remain of my personal competence.