On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 15:22:41 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 14:58:33 UTC, eles wrote:
On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 14:54:17 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:

I could also argue that this issue is a with git requiring a
'git-' suffix on its scripts without providing users with some
means of overriding the file naming convention (maybe this is
already possible, I have only minimal git experience)!

BTW, git is not requiring a git- suffix, but a git-prefix. It does not matter for git what the git-<name here> script extension (or name) use.

It matters to the one typing git commands, because he has to type:

git <name here>

in order for git to invoke

git-<name here>

behind.

I really don't feel like git is doing anything bad here or it should change.

It matters, however, if one is allowed to type:

"git tellmethelotterynumbers"

instead of being forced to type

"git tellmethelotterynumbers.d"

You see, the latter version will give you the numbers spelled as:

16.d, 32.d, 18.d, 5.d, 11.d and 22.d

Or, it happens, the state lottery won't deny you the prize because, guess, the real numbers that were extracted were 16, 32, 18, 5, 11 and 22.